Planning a trip can be stressful, especially when it comes to money. It’s great to come back from a vacation with glowing tanned skin, rested mentality, and superb memories. That can be until you realize you’ve overspent and now have to deal with a high credit card bill. When you don’t use the right financial tools and strategies a cheap vacation can get expensive fast. Use these budget tips to help you plan affordable vacations and stay on track before, during and after your travel:
- Budget before you book
- Do a little bit of research and look for deals
- Plan carefully and stick to the plan
- Set a daily limit for spending and stick to it
- Carry a prepaid debit / credit card
- Cook some of your meals if possible
If you stay on top of things, hopefully you will stay within budget and you can minimize your financial stress when you return home. Maybe you'll even have enough money left over to start saving for your next trip!