What is YAC?
Members of the PFCU Youth Advisory Committee have the opportunity to make real change in our credit union, the need to attract young adults is a matter of necessity in the banking industry. In this leadership position you will assist PFCU in improving their youth programs and financial literacy initiatives, projects and events. This committee is the perfect opportunity for you to expand your knowledge of as well as work in a business and personal finance team environment.
The PFCU Youth Advisory Committee exist to help foster a relationship between our student members and PFCU staff to evaluate how to best serve our youth’s financial needs.
- Must be a member of PFCU
- Attend monthly meetings to the best of your ability
- Communicate whether you are able to attend or not—RSVP
- Complete informational forms & return back to YAC advisors
- Current photo release/Facebook form signed by parent (if you are not 18)
- Monthly meetings—check about community service hours at your school
- Help with National CU Youth Month/Money Smart Week (April)
- Help and/or attend youth workshops—themes, ideas, giveaways, etc.
- Provide viewpoint on marketing items & youth products/services (so you must know them)
- Community involvement if possible representing PFCU in parades (July & December), summer picnics, school announcements, school activities, etc.
- Be aware of our youth programs & help promote to schools/community
- Dollar Duck Savings Club: For ages 0-12
- Teen Savings Accounts: For ages 13-18
- Youth Advisory Board (high school)
- School Branches
- Classroom Presentations for all grades/youth groups/youth organizations
- Youth info on our website
- McCrumb Scholarships
- Monthly Youth Promotions