As your community credit union, PFCU is committed to supporting organizations and group efforts that provide needed services to the residents and communities throughout our field of membership (FOM). Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school and businesses located in the State of Michigan.PFCU is proud to do this through sponsorship of local events, making donations and volunteering in the areas we serve.
PFCU receives many solicitations for donations, volunteer support and community sponsorships. Last year, PFCU donated more than $75,000 in cash, item donation and sponsorships to various schools, foundations, and local organizations that fit within the PFCU community mission.
PFCU considers requests for sponsorships and contributions from groups and organizations in our designated FOM. The credit union will actively seek sponsorship of various community events. The following provides an outline of how requests are processed at PFCU. This guideline cannot cover every specific request, special need or opportunity, therefore, PFCU may make exceptions in granting donations or community sponsorships.
PFCU WILL donate or sponsor:
- Education based programs
- Safety, health/wellness and human services
- Community/Civic organizations
- Economic Development
- Financial Literacy
- School Sports Teams and other school sponsored clubs
- Environmental Causes
- Art, culture and humanities
With few exceptions, PFCU does NOT donate or sponsor:
- Political campaigns/parties
- Religious organizations
- Trips, travel or cultural exchange programs
- Organizations/events that discriminate against any persons or organization with respect to their race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender, height, weight, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Things PFCU considers when asked to be a sponsor or donor
- Is the event/donation related to groups eligible for PFCU membership
- Does the event/donation provide positive visibility for PFCU
- What is the impact on the credit union’s public image
- Does the event/donation fall in line with the credit union philosophy of “people helping people”
PFCU may choose to contribute to the community through other resources. Examples include bake sales (group can utilize local PFCU), school supply donation containers in PFCU locations, and displaying of posters. Participation for these types of requests will be decided on a case by case basis.
Promotional item donations will be limited to the items in stock.
Please complete the donation request form and submit to: PFCU, ATTN: Marketing, 9077 Charlotte Highway, Portland, MI 48875 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the focus of PFCUs giving efforts?
PFCU will work to support any cause or organization that directly impacts the communities and people within our designated field of membership.
Can I submit multiple requests?
While we do take into account previous donations we’ve given to an organization, having received one donation from PFCU does not guarantee we will or will not contribute again.
How soon will my request be answered?
PFCU will review requests on a weekly basis. All requests should be submitted at least 30 days prior to when the event takes place. You will receive contact from a PFCU representative within 7-10 days of submitting request.
Do I need to submit a W-9 with my request?
Please complete the donation request form and submit to: PFCU, ATTN: Community Relations, 9077 Charlotte Highway, Portland, MI 48875 or email to email@example.com.