Mobile Wallets are On the Way
PFCU is excited to announce that we will be adding mobile wallets to our suite of convenient technology services soon! With Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay on the horizon, we’ve put together a guide to give you all the information you need to get started.
What are Mobile Wallets?
A Mobile Wallet is a convenient, lightweight way to carry all of your credit cards and debit cards – along with other commonly carried items.
Stored securely on your mobile device in the form of an application, Mobile Wallets – like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay – can be quickly and easily accessed when checking out at participating stores and when making online purchases from your phone.
Are they safe?
Mobile Wallets are considered more secure. Mobile Wallets are encrypted and have protections in place to keep your information within the application secure – from fingerprints to personal identification numbers. Such safeties make stealing your card and other information much more difficult than stealing and simply opening a wallet, creating less risk for card or identity theft.
What are the benefits?
There are many advantages to using Mobile Wallets, including the following.
Are there any risks?
- Enhanced protection against fraudulent activity
- Reduced time for making payments, in store and online
- Save space in your pocket or purse
- Safely store and access all of your cards from a central location
- Prevent loss of card or other sensitive personal information
- Accepted by many major retailers, with continuing adoption
- More convenient online checkout from mobile devices
When adopting Mobile payments, there are some things you should consider.
If your phone battery dies, you will not be able to make payments
- As with normal credit card purchases, retailers can use your purchase history as ways to promote products and advertising.
Mobile Wallets Coming to PFCU
PFCU members will soon be able to add their PFCU debit and credit cards to the Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay Mobile Wallets.
Stay tuned for updates and contact us or visit a PFCU location for more information.