- Automatically deposit a portion of your paycheck to your savings. Sign up for automatic deposit.
- Maintain a realistic budget for a mix of fun and fundamental expenses.
- Track your spending with online and mobile banking solutions.
- Make the most out of your money with interest-earning accounts, such as a Checking Plus or special savings.
- Take care of your credit by responsibly using credit cards and monitoring your credit score.
- Avoid impulse purchases by giving yourself a waiting window before buying. You may not wait it anymore.
- Leverage resources and tools, such as financial calculators, to help you make the best money decisions.
- Find a financial coach to get advice on all of your money matters. Learn more about our free financial coaches and set up an appointment today.
- Start saving for the long-term. PFCU offers IRAs and Certificates that can help you save more over time.
- Prioritize your financial goals. If you want to start saving more money, get rid of debt first. PFCU offers consolidation loans that combine all debt into a single loan for easier repayment.
- Use automatic bill pay to always pay bills on time.
- Eliminate balances quicker by paying more than the monthly minimum on your credit card or loan.
- Create specific savings goals to help you reach them, whether its form something small or significant. Open a You Name It Savings Account to get started.
- Pick up some past times, such as hiking, photography, or meditation, that help you unwind without your wallet.
- Live within your means. If you can’t afford something with cash, consider whether it’s in your best interest to buy.
- Start cooking more and eating out less. Making your own meals will save you money and some extra calories.
- Take advantage of available discounts, such as those for PFCU members, students, seniors, military members and more.
- Use your credit card rewards toward gift cards to your favorite places or save on travel, merchandise and more.
- Shop for the best value by comparing prices and product features. The most inexpensive item isn’t always the best bang for your buck.
- Create shopping lists when going to the store so you know exactly what you need. You’ll save time and money.
For more helpful money-management tips – set up a meeting with our certified Financial Coaches, contact us, or visit any PFCU location.