Saving couldn’t get any easier!
Pay yourself first. It’s one of the most frequent—and best— pieces of advice a financial coach can give! Yet, it’s one of the most overlooked financial health practices. By participating in the PFCU Pocket Change Savings Program, you’re setting up an automatic savings plan for yourself that makes it less of a hassle to save money and keep it saved.
Here’s how it works
PFCU Pocket Change works like an automatic savings account. Your everyday debit card transactions are rounded‐up to the next dollar amount and the difference is deposited into your designated PFCU Savings Account.
Watch the savings add up
||Total Pocket Change = $4.18 / Week
That could add up to $217.36 / Year
What You Need to Get Started:
- PFCU Checking Account
- PFCU Mastercard Debit Card
- PFCU Savings Account
How Do I Track My Savings?
Once you have opted in, simply check your designated savings account balance to see your transfer deposits appear at the end of each day. Watch your PFCU Pocket Change Savings grow!
How Do I Enroll?
Stop into your local branch or call 844-517-3611 to speak with a Member Service Representative. They’ll set up your transfer from checking to a designated savings account.
- Move the change into your child’s savings account.
- Set up a savings account that you’ll use for charity.
- Build up some spending money for an upcoming vacation.
- Designate your PFCU Christmas Club to receive your Pocket Change and help save for the holidays.
- Save towards a down payment on a new vehicle purchase.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
- PFCU will aggregate the rounded amounts from your consumer debit card purchases that post to your checking account each day and make a single transfer at or near the end of each day. NOTE: this includes any transactions tied to your debit card, including but not limited to:
- Person‐to‐Person payments (P2P)
- Automatic bill payments connected to your debit card
- MobiMoney Transactions (soon to be SecurLOCK Equip Transactions)
- Mobile Wallet Transactions (Samsung Pay, Google Pay & Apple Pay)
- Even though rounded amounts will be automated, your statement will still reflect your purchase amount and the round up amount will be listed separately on your statement.
- If on any day you do not have sufficient available funds in your checking account, the PFCU Pocket Change Transfer will not occur for that day.
- There are no maximum amounts of purchases or change deposits per day/month.
- Interest earned on all savings accounts. See rate schedule for current rates. All rates subject to change anytime.
- When enrolling in the program, any and all debit cards associated with your account will also be enrolled in the PFCU Pocket Change Savings Program. Enrollment cannot be done on an individual card basis.